Vienna Children’s University
What is the Vienna Children’s University?
At the Vienna Children’s University, just like at a real university, you can experience exciting lectures in large lecture halls or workshops in small groups and meet interesting scientists. Here you can experience the university, and everything that goes with it: from the student card to the graduation. And all that for free!
At the Vienna Children’s University, the doors of the University of Vienna, the Medical University Vienna, the Vienna University of Technology, the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, the FH Campus Vienna and the Vienna University of Economics and Business are open to children aged 7 to 12 for two weeks.
The Vienna Children’s University is one of the largest children’s universities in Europe and has been operating since 2003. The motto of the Vienna Children’s University is: “We turn the university upside down!
The teams of the participating universities as well as the team of the Vienna University Children’s Office are looking forward to an exciting time with you at the Vienna Children’s University 2022!
The Vienna Children’s University rules
- Children may always ask questions at the Vienna Children’s University! BUT only if they raise their hand!
- Chatting is an important part of university life – outside the lecture hall. THEREFORE: No chatting is allowed in the lecture hall, otherwise nobody understands anything.
- Exams are strictly forbidden at the Vienna Children’s University! Laughter is always allowed!
- The Vienna Children’s University is meant for children! Adults are only guests at the Children’s University Vienna! They may accompany children to the Vienna Children’s University and pick them up. However, they are not allowed to take part in courses.
- At the end of each course there will be no clapping but knocking on the benches: This is how correct university applause works.