Contributions for kinderuni.online
The interactive knowledge platform kinderuni.online enables a sustainable exchange between children and science. Scientists and teachers from six Viennese universities, one university of applied sciences and other research institutions create online contributions for children and show how exciting and diverse research can be.
A contribution on kinderuni.online includes:
- title (max. 40 characters incl. spaces)
- subtitle (max. 60 characters incl. spaces)
- introduction (approx. 300 characters)
- contribution in one of the five formats (video, podcast, article, poster, presentation) – multiple formats per contribution are also possible
- image matching the topic (landscape format)
- your personal teacher profile (download) with portrait photo
- interactive element (quiz, survey)
New contributions can be submitted to your contact person(s) and will appear on kinderuni.online after your approval.
Formats on kinderuni.online
- video lecture on a research topic / question
- length 2–8 minutes
- format: .mp4 or .mov (16:9 or 4:3)
- Possible contents: lecture, experiment, interview, virtual tour, my day as a researcher …
Tip: address the children directly and tell them something about yourself
- audio lecture on a research topic / question
- length 2–10 minutes
- Possible contents: lecture, original sounds from the research environment, my day as a researcher …
Tip: choose a speech rate of about 70 words per minute and make pauses
- written input on a research topic / question
- alternative 1: thematic article (max. 4,000 characters)
- alternative 2: instructions for an experiment
- alternative 3: interview
Tip: keep your sentences short and explain technical terms!
Format: presentation (ppt/gallery)
- Visual Input on a new research topic / question
- a maximum of 20 slides
- Possible contents: additional information to other formats (e.g. pictures), “digital handout”, photo/picture story
Tip: Less is more. Try to keep your text as compact as possible and let used pics “speak” for themselves!
In order to provide interested parties with low-threshold access and to achieve the greatest possible reach, we recommend displaying your contribution outside the log-in area. In this case, please pay special attention to copyrights.
For all contributions, both inside and outside the log-in area, the following applies:
Copyrights: Please include the copyrights of all media (video, audio, image, text) that you use in your presentation. Make sure that you are either the copyright owner of the media used, or that you have the permission of the copyright owner, or that the media is clearly free to use.